We’ve organized trips to Sicily previously, but our recent return reminded us that repeat visits only multiply the discoveries and intensify the enjoyment of a favorite place.
Our small group enjoyed visits with Sicilian chefs, olive oil and wine producers, cheesemakers, and pastry chefs. And we plan to do it all over in 2018, plus some additional flourishes.
- Visit Europe’s most active volcano, Mount Etna, and taste impressive wines produced from grapes grown in its volcanic soil.
- Explore some of the most important and impressive ruins of Europe — from Greek temples to Roman theaters.
- Meet local food and wine producers in charming Sicilian coastal villages, farms and vineyards. Enjoy traditional meals at family-run ristoranti, trattorie and osterie.
- Learn Sicilian culinary traditions in a hands-on cooking class alongside a local chef.
- Sample area wines and specialties during private exclusive tours with winemakers and their families.
- Explore Palermo’s famous outdoor food markets and shop beautiful ceramics made by local artisans.
- It sounds like a lot of activity, but over 10 days we had plenty of time to leisurely enjoy some of Sicily’s best food and uniquely local wines in small towns off the tourist track.
Can’t wait? Check out our photo gallery and enjoy our Sicilian discoveries.