september 20-30, 2017
We’ll go beyond serenely ancient Venice to explore charming small towns as well as Italy’s spectacular northern lakes. The Lombardy and Veneto regions offer richly varied cuisine and a distinctive array of wines. We’ll sample plenty of both as we enjoy the spectacular scenery along our journey.
Spend 9 nights in beautiful and charming accommodations in the heart of charming Venice and lakeside retreats.
Contact us for pricing and more.
- Explore the medieval mountain town of Bergamo, the merchant city of Mantua, and the romantic town of Verona. We allow you plenty of time to immerse yourself in local pleasures.
- Become familiar with wine and culinary traditions of northern Italy and indulge in the best of both that these regions have to offer.
- Discover medieval Padua, known for its famous university (one of Europe’s oldest, established in 1222), the impressive 14th century frescos of Giotto in the Scrovegni Chapel, and the 13th-century Basilica di Sant’Antonio and resting place of St. Anthony.
- Wonder at the majestic northern lakes, Como and Garda. Wander impressive villas and lush gardens that line the stores of these beautiful lakes shimmering against a backdrop of alpine peaks.
- Lose yourself amid the labyrinthine streets and canals of Venice. Visit the island of Murano to learn how artisans craft Venetian glass. Survey the ancient port from a chartered sailboat.
gallery: ENJOY the people and places of northern italy
View exclusive original photos from our recent food and wine-related travels in Italy.
'The trip was a great value ... the experiences were unique and well-planned.'
join us this year in italy!
Find out more today about our small-group vacations and customized travel options.